Friday, April 13, 2007

I have a hard time explaining myself

You have a frightening way of slipping in between the cracks and making me laugh, despite myself, against my will, beyond good reason.

Don't.

This can only end in disaster.

===

Late this afternoon, JR popped into my screen and told me Kurt Vonnegut was dead. I didn't really know Vonnegut; I only know of him vaguely... a writer, a writer good enough that fictional characters in books I have read talk of wanting to study under him. BB thought he only wrote profoundly incomprehensible stuff. But apparently he wrote this: Long Walk to Forever. And I think to myself, how come I haven't read him?!? It's like never having known... ee cummings' "Somewhere I have never travelled" or Neruda's Sonnet XVII.

Plus, he writes science fiction.

I have to find this guy's works.

No comments:

Start-Up: Exciting and Heart-Fluttering

To me the following conversation best illustrates the nature of Dalmi's feelings for the penpal Dosan (i.e. HJP) and the present Dosan (...