Saturday, April 12, 2008

A New Spin on Old Horrors

There's going to be a movie version of Twilight coming out in the US on December 12, 2008. I hadn't realized that I'd stumbled on a book with such a huge fanbase. Apparently, Twilight stayed on the bestseller list for 56 weeks and has sold 5.5 million copies worldwide.

So I would like to correct myself. This story isn't Romeo and Juliet crossed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. In terms of emotional impact, it's probably more like Titanic crossed with Interview with a Vampire.

Here's an MTV report on the movie.



Robert Pattinson looked embarrassed to play the dazzlingly attractive vampire. How cute.

No comments:

Start-Up: Exciting and Heart-Fluttering

To me the following conversation best illustrates the nature of Dalmi's feelings for the penpal Dosan (i.e. HJP) and the present Dosan (...