Sunday, February 05, 2006

Shopping Weekend Gone Bust

According to my calendar of activities, I was supposed to go shopping this weekend. Footspa. The works. Instead I mostly snored Saturday away and pretty much of Sunday too. Three things of note though:

1. I snored most of Saturday away because I was out late last Friday at a... bar. Hahaha. Decided to drop by to take a peek at Juana's album launch. Except since I haven't been sleeping properly for the past 3 weeks, I was pretty much falling asleep on my seat by 11pm and so we had to leave before we actually got to watch Juana. Hayyy. Who am I kidding? I left early because of curfew...

2. Our paper got accepted for presentation at the 2006 Conference of the International Association for Educational Assessment in Singapore! I feel PSYCHED! (yes, I recently rewatched In Good Company). Except this paper is as yet non-existent! Time to start feeling PSYCHO!

3. I finally got to go the LOJ feast again in Camp Aguinaldo. Had to stand for 3 hours playing 'usherette.' It was good to see the folks there again.

And who am I kidding? I couldn't have gone shopping this weekend anyway because the most recent credit card bill ate up all my cash, I have to lend rent money and I'm down to the last bits of my transportation allowance until the first semi for February comes in this week. 'Til then, I must scrimp, scrounge and save...

But we will end on a happier note with Brother Bo's daily morning mantra (slightly edited for personal purposes): "How can I bless people I encounter this week?" It's amazing to listen to people like him :)

No comments:

Start-Up: Exciting and Heart-Fluttering

To me the following conversation best illustrates the nature of Dalmi's feelings for the penpal Dosan (i.e. HJP) and the present Dosan (...