Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Human Factory

Today in class, one of the reporters asked: what role does school play in our lives? And of course in typical fashion, I am at a loss how to respond. Because the question is so simple, its actually hard to answer. Does it mean to ask, "What role the school meant/intended to play in my life? What role did it in fact play in my life?" Or does it mean to elicit an answer that speaks in generalities and not personal experience?

Well, anyway my belated answer is this. Schools... are like factories... producing canned goods called students. They take this raw material, process / fashion it into the shape / cut / specifications they want, and churn them out by the hundreds... thousands.

A product of Assumption education!

No comments:

Start-Up: Exciting and Heart-Fluttering

To me the following conversation best illustrates the nature of Dalmi's feelings for the penpal Dosan (i.e. HJP) and the present Dosan (...