Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Everything Dances, Nothing Dies

Some random thoughts.


Yesterday was a significant day. Jaje finally got a grade for their thesis. He is officially a graduate. Lernie comes up to me and whispers, “Do you realize what a momentous occasion this is?.. Our parents officially have no more dependents!” And I think to myself, “Oh yeah.”


Except not really. But I don’t really want to think about that.


Yesterday I discovered an annoying, significant, but not really crucial mistake in the paper we’ve submitted for the IAEA conference. Annoying because, well…it’s a mistake! Significant because it’s 2 columns of data! Not really crucial because it doesn’t make a difference to the conclusions. The whole thing taught me this about myself: Looks like I never really grasped the meaning of the distributive property of multiplication. So I myself illustrate the conclusions of the paper: mastery of procedural knowledge does not imply mastery of conceptual knowledge. Hayyyyy.


Ricky Reyes seems like a pretty cool guy. Tom Cruise looks cute in the MI:3 poster (I mean I am struck that it struck me so, not being a Tom Cruise fan). And there’s no more Powerdance in Edsa Shangri-la.


Finally.


I watched the first 7 episodes of Rud’s Inuyasha collection yesterday. And I never thought I’d say this again, but I think I’m…. in love :) . Heck I might even start drawing fanart again! Hahaha :D.


The list of to-do’s goes on.

No comments:

Start-Up: Exciting and Heart-Fluttering

To me the following conversation best illustrates the nature of Dalmi's feelings for the penpal Dosan (i.e. HJP) and the present Dosan (...