Thursday, April 06, 2006

Fantasy #2

When Lern and I were younger we figured that if we were to save the Philippines (ahem!), there were only 2 ways to do it:


1. Improve education.
2. Make better movies.


Because in this country, the 2 are almost the same.


I used to be such a movie / TV addict (TV was my friend!). I remember not caring about homework because... Sunday's Big Event was on! And it's Karate Kid! (horrible, I know; luckily I outgrew it --- Ralph Macchio that is, not TV). And I wanted to be a director.


I look at the picture below and I am struck by 2 things:


1. Eleanor and I were both young enough that we'd do something as crazy as this.
2. And Eleanor and I were both young enough that I could wheedle her into doing something as crazy as this. Can't do that to the management-trainee imperious-curse-wielding mamee now!


I've shadowed the picture so you won't clearly see her face. I promised.


I'm the vampire. She's the victim. I think I must be grade 5 here. And who's taking the picture, Rud?


Crazy!







Is this why I'm in CEM? Because I decided to be a nerd and opted for strategy number 1?

No comments:

Start-Up: Exciting and Heart-Fluttering

To me the following conversation best illustrates the nature of Dalmi's feelings for the penpal Dosan (i.e. HJP) and the present Dosan (...