Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Clandestine Meetings (Day 3)

After a day of listening to paper presentations, a secret meeting at He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's place.


A funny, brief interlude: the tour agent at the hotel lobby chatted with me as I was waiting to be picked up.


Then Maritess and I met Lee (Malaysian?), Taufik (Malaysian?), Joseph (Singaporean) and Eugene (Singaporean?). Joseph is funny. A Singaporean who's down on Singapore.


I think I must've sounded like a bigot to Lee and Taufik. Hey, but they were asking about first impressions. Actually what I answered weren't first impressions but expectations.... Hmmmm...


Take-away thought for the night: I still forget that sometimes, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named can be really horrible.

No comments:

Start-Up: Exciting and Heart-Fluttering

To me the following conversation best illustrates the nature of Dalmi's feelings for the penpal Dosan (i.e. HJP) and the present Dosan (...