Sunday, May 21, 2006

Cut-Off (Day 1)

My first day in Singapore... and Smart's roaming feature failed to activate (on time, is my guess)...


I want to sleep now, but I'm supposed to prepare for a presentation! But since I bought S$15 worth of 5-hour wireless internet connection, I feel I need to make full use of this first!


Haaayyyy.


So what did we do today? Pigged out in Chinatown and dropped by the afternoon cocktail event for the IAEA participants. New foods I tasted today: Peanut Soup Dessert, Oyster Omellette, Beef Jerky and Red Caviar. I felt like I was going to have indigestion...


We walked from Chinatown to River View Hotel and I realize now as I think about what I was thinking back then while we were walking: I have this amazing ability to turn all wondrous things into the absolutely mundane. I mean, I seem rarely to get impressed by anything. Earlier today I was thinking how Singapore really just looked like the better parts of Hongkong, which really just looked like the Makati Business District. Talk about blase.


Well, let's end here so that I can pretend to prepare for tomorrow :D

No comments:

Start-Up: Exciting and Heart-Fluttering

To me the following conversation best illustrates the nature of Dalmi's feelings for the penpal Dosan (i.e. HJP) and the present Dosan (...